Portrait Shop Header

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Angels When They Sleep...

I don't know about you, but by the time dinner rolls around I sometimes count down the hours, minutes and seconds to when I can send my kids to bed. Sometimes I'm exhausted, worn out, and have just plain had enough. I've even been known to send my two boys to bed early, just to save the little bit of sanity I like to think I have. (Shh...don't tell anyone!)


The story changes once it is bedtime and they are ready to settle down and snuggle and read a bedtime story. My heart warms holding them close and sharing that special time with them. Then when they are all cozy and asleep in their beds, I swear they are just the cutest little angles all cuddled up in the beds, sucking their thumbs and clinging to their stuffed animals. I could never imagine these sweet little things ever being anything but perfect. Certainly these are not the same kids that make my house look like an F4 tornado has whipped through it! You, like me, have probably snuck in on your kids sleeping soundly in their beds and snapped a few pictures to remind yourself later that they really were little sleeping angels.


This is the idea behind our Sleepytime Portraits. We are capturing that time where your kids are (usually) most quiet, most subdued, and when you spend that quality time together as a family, reading a story, talking, and maybe saying a bedtime prayer; the time of day where they don't worry if someone sees them hug you and give you a kiss goodnight.



Sleepytime Portraits are shot with your kids in their PJ's and can be taken with siblings and parents. Families have been photographed reading with their child, snuggling, and with children holding those cherished stuffed animals they won't go to bed without. I relish the time when my kids are sitting with me and sharing that special time of day, as I'm sure you do.  While we can't live in those moments of twilight with our little cuddle bugs, you can be certain that we can help you in capturing the essence of that sweet time when the day winds down and you aren't so rushed.



~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment