Portrait Shop Header

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

May I Introduce Myself....

Hello readers!  I’m the new blogger in town here at the Portrait Shoppe.  I have bit the bullet and finally decided to introduce myself.  Why read a blog by someone you know nothing about?   

My name is Kallie Milburn and I’m originally from Shelbyville, KY, often referred to as the halfway point between Louisville and Lexington.  Usually when I tell people I am from Shelbyville their response is, “I think I’ve been there. Isn’t that where Colonel Sander’s restaurant is?”  So to answer those of you that may be thinking that exact same thing- yes! Lol, but technically the restaurant was named after his wife, Claudia. 

Either way, I left the infamous Shelbyville when I began school at the University of Kentucky (Go Cats!) in 2005.  I graduated from UK last year with a B.S. in public relations and a minor in business. 

Looking back at the year and a half that has passed since I graduated college, it feels like a tornado picked me up and dropped me into this wonderful life that I never could’ve imagined.  On July 25 of this year I held my precious baby boy for the first time.  We named him Wells Patrick and I have never felt so much love for another person in my 24 years of life. 

If you’re reading this and have been to the Portrait Shoppe to have your child's portraits taken, I’m assuming you are a parent too!  So it goes without saying I have learned more the past three months about changing, feeding, bathing and sleep deprivation than I could have ever anticipated. 

After finally feeling like I could put myself together enough to leave the house after having the baby, I decided I would venture into the real world.  I was bound and determined to find a job in which I could put my hard-earned degree to good use!  That is how I ended up here at the Portrait Shoppe as the new Marketing Director. 

I promise from here on out to fill you in on the latest and greatest happenings at the Portrait Shoppe and let you see for yourself the amazing photography that goes on at this place.  Along the way, I am excited to share my adventures as a new mom and hopefully give you a good laugh every now and then. 

- Kallie

P.S. Keep checking the blog for a post about my family’s experience getting our portraits taken at the Portrait Shoppe!

No comments:

Post a Comment